OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN ENTRY'S CHANCE OF WINNING
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The FindYourArtSchool.com Young Artist Contest is a contest in which entrants between the ages of 16 and 35 may submit their Photography work. Art work must be original and unpublished. Submission Requirements: (1)Must be in digital form (format should be any acceptable web image format that is able to display on the website: ie. jpeg, gif, png.), (2) Submission file must be under 2mb, (3) Must have a title, (4) Must be your own work, (5) Cannot take any elements from any other artists pieces.
- WINNER SELECTION: Judging will be based on 50% FindYourArtSchool.com user votes and 50% based on 3 independent judges chosen by Sponsor. The independent judges will base their 50% on creativity and originality. In the event of a tie the independent judges will choose a winner and their decisions are final on all matter relating to the contest. Each entry must obtain a minimum of 30 unique user votes on FindYourArtSchool.com in order for that entry to become eligible to win. Findyourartschool.com reserves the right to modify vote counts for entries which are not deemed unique. Findyourartschool.com reserves complete discretion over which votes are deemed unique and which are not. If any of the eligible entries in the opinion of the judges is deemed to be an inferior submission it will be considered ineligible. If none of the entries receive 30 unique votes or if there are no eligible entries no prize will be awarded. Winners will be notified on or about August 1, 2013 by mail, phone or email.
- PRIZE AND PRIZE VALUES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded: $2,000 cash, One (1) First Prize: $600 cash and One (1) Second Prize: $400 cash. Total retail value of all prizes $3,000. All taxes and any expenses not expressly mentioned above as being paid by Sponsor are the winner's responsibility.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are between the ages of 16 to 35 on the date of entry. Employees of Sponsor, their affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, distributors, retailers, advertising and production agencies, and their immediate families and residents of their households are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations apply. Prize acceptance constitutes winner's consent (except where prohibited) to use his/her name, signature, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
- CONSUMER DISCLOSURE/AWARD RULES: Sponsor reserves the right, at its own discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the particular prize described above is not available or violates applicable law or regulation. In the event of inadvertent errors in the structure of, or printing of materials used in connection with, this contest, the sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this contest, in whole or in part, without prior notification and with immediate effect. In any such event, prizes may be awarded based on entries received prior to date of termination or amendment.
- GENERAL: The Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential winners by mail, phone or email and the potential winner must respond within 30 days following notification attempt or an alternate potential winner will be selected. The potential winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, which must be returned within 14 days or an alternate potential winner will be selected. Any prize notification letter or affidavit or other documents described in these Official Rules that are returned as undeliverable or any failure to comply with these Official Rules, will result in a forfeiture of eligibility to win any prize. If the potential Grand Prize winner is a minor, a parent or legal guardian will be required to execute the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release on behalf of said minor for the prize to be awarded. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering the competition, the entrant represents and warrants to Sponsor that he or she is the sole creator of the art work. Submission of a art work grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media worldwide, without limitation or compensation to the entrant solely for the purposes of advertising this and future contests. Each entry must be the original work of the entrant; must not have been submitted to another contest, promotional event, or for publication; must not have won previous prizes; must not have been published previously; must not be obscene or indecent (in the opinion of the Sponsor or judges); and must not infringe any third-party rights. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Each winner releases Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss, or damage, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this contest or the possession, use, misuse of, or inability to use a prize. Entrant agrees that if any third party makes a claim for breach of copyright or any other intellectual property right, or any loss or damage arising from entrant's submission to the contest, entrant will indemnify Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all such claims, including reasonable attorneys' fees related thereto.
- WINNER LISTS: Winners will be posted at www.FindYourArtSchool.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to FindYourArtSchool.com Young Artist Contest, c/o Folsom Media, 405 Cloverdale Blvd, Cloverdale, CA 95425 before July 4th, 2013. Consumer Information: Names, cities and states of residence of prize winners will appear on the website and in printed lists which will be available on or about August 1, 2013.
- SPONSOR: Folsom Media, 405 North Cloverdale Blvd., Cloverdale, CA 95425.
In Cash Prizes:
No restrictions on how prize money may be spent. It can go towards your art education, art supplies, or anything an aspiring artist's heart may desire.