Find the Best Web Design Schools Today
Get Program Info
Because Your Future Won't Wait
If you are interested in web design schools, congratulations on a smart choice. Web site design is a booming career, with the demand for web designers growing at a faster than average rate. There were 43 million websites in 2006, with more being created daily. This figure doesn’t even begin to factor in the number of blogs, which are estimated in the billions. Blogs are becoming more and more important to businesses, and they too will need trained web designers.
Get started to see which schools match your needs
While many people teach themselves the rudiments of web design, to get paid top dollar in the industry, it is best to study at one of many accredited web site design schools. You can earn a variety of degrees at a web page design school. Which one is right for you? Only you can decide, but the following information may help you choose:
- Bachelor’s degree. According to the United States Bureau of Labor, earning a bachelor’s degree from a web page design school is the best preparation for work in a design field, including web site design. A bachelor’s degree will offer you broad experience with classes such as history and literature, and specific experience with multimedia training, art, design, or computer science. You can count on website design making up about one-third of your overall course work if you choose this option.
- Associate’s degree. This degree takes anywhere from 5 months to two years. At web design schools offering associate’s degrees, you’ll study design and web page design only. You won’t have the benefit of taking other classes. For many students eager to begin their careers, this won’t matter. These students will prefer a web page design course that is tightly focused on their area of interest.
- Diploma design or certificate. Choose this option if you already have design experience but need training in specific applications, such as flash, Adobe Photoshop, or Dreamweaver. This option is an excellent way to pump up your resume and portfolio and get specific experience in areas you may not have trained in.
- Web design school online. It should come as no surprise that many web design schools offer online options. And why not? You’ll ultimately be working online, so you might as well study online. With a web design school online program, you’ll most likely earn a certificate, at one of three levels: basic, advanced, or master. Each certificate takes around six months to complete. So with these web design schools, you can be a master certified web designer in as little as eighteen months!
No matter which degree program you choose, at all web design schools you will learn skills as a visual, graphic, and information designer. You’ll study Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Flash, as well as color theory, typography, html, and much more.
Whether you are interested in web design schools that offer a full bachelor’s degree or web site design schools with more specific programs, you’ll be committing to a course of study that leads to an exciting, rewarding career. Web site design is booming. Isn’t it time you became part of it?
5 Reasons to Get Started
2. Design your own schedule with frequent, flexible start dates
3. Learn about online or local campus degree options
5. No waiting list